Music In Health
Chris Boyd Brewer and LifeSounds provides resources for integrating art, music and sound in health
for individuals and organizations.
Find out more on our website about:
- learn more about the benefits of music that you feel as well as hear
- find out about facilities that use vibroacoustic music for pain and anxiety management
- order Somatron vibroacoustic equipment and vibroacoustic recordings
- find out about our training and program development work
- read research summaries and articles
Guided Imagery and Music (GIM)
- learn about Guided Imagery and Music and it's uses
- purchase GIM music packages for practitioners and trainers
- see our schedule for Guided Imagery and Music training
MARI© Mandala Art Therapy
- learn about MARI© Mandala Therapy
- see our schedule for training in MARI© Mandala Therapy
- see our catalog of music recommendations for Brain Gym activities
See our comprehensive Music and Learning site about integrating music and the arts into classroom
curriculum-for all ages!
Nurse Leigh Svitlik prepares for work by using the Somatron clinical recliner at the Nurses Oasis, a Healing Arts room for staff at JFK
Medical Center in Atlantis, Florida.
A clinical program evaluation at the National Institutes of Health demonstrated 54% reduction of pain and symptoms using this vibroacoustic
recliner. See our Research section for the full study.
This Somatron vibroacoustic floor and wall are used in physical therapy, with the autistic, and for people who are mentally or physically
disabled. A specially-designed version is shown here at the Health Adventure childrens’ museum in Asheville, NC. It is the "Feel Music"
portion of an exhibit on the human body, The "Body Carnival."